Demon possession = Butterfly tattoo?

The Darkest Night - Gena Showalter

Picked this one up because several of my friends are obsessed with this series. So I had pretty high expectations going in and was left a little disappointed.

Zeus's warriors made the mistake of opening Pandora's box and unleashed demons onto the Earth. As a punishment, Zeus cursed each of the warriors to confine a demon within their body. Oddly enough, those demons manifested as big arse butterfly tattoos on each of them. I don't understand that connection, but okay, whatever. Each demon the warriors took have a defining characteristic.
Maddox, the hero of this story, has the demon, violence. He also won a bonus curse of having to die every night at midnight. After centuries of living with this curse, Maddox's brooding is interrupted when a woman appears claiming to need the warriors' help.

I enjoyed the mythology Showalter inserts into this book, but (as usual) I couldn't get into the captive heroine plot.  Its a fairly typical, heroine is locked away by the hero and for inexplicable reasons falls in love with him, story. So, I was bored most of the time. I might try to continue this series to see if I like any of the other books better, but I'm not holding my breath.