Archangel's Storm  - Nalini Singh

This is going to be a short review. I think I'm in the minority when I say that Singh's Guild Hunter series works a lot better for me than her Psy/Changling one. Primarily, its because the Guild Hunter world, characters, and plot threads feel a lot smoother. I get the sense that Singh knows exactly where she wants to go with this series and despite how much I love the Psy/Changling series I just don't get the same vibe with it.

With that said, Archangel's Storm was probably my least favorite in the series even though I still really enjoyed it. I think its primarily because I wasn't expecting such a quiet relationship between Jason and Mahiya when all the other books had rather explosive main characters. However, this wasn't bad. After adjusting, I ended up really enjoying how the relationship developed between them. It worked well for the quiet and contemplative Jason.

My only nit-pick with the book was that the small scenes centered on Dimitri and Honor really threw me off balance. I enjoyed seeing them both develop a bit more, but I think those scenes would've worked better if they had been inserted as a short story at the end of the book or sold separately. This is mostly because I thought the snippets concerning them disrupted the suspenseful atmosphere of the plot with Jason and Mahiya too much.

All in all, an enjoyable addition to the series. I can't wait to read the next book, which will apparently go back to following Raphael and Elena.